One in ten restaurants in the United States offers Mexican cuisine

Mexican cuisine is magnificent and diverse, inspired by the country’s rich history and culture. According to the National Restaurant Association, about 10% of all restaurants in the U.S. offer authentic and innovative Mexican dishes, reflecting the widespread influence of Mexican cuisine on American cooking.

Americans love Mexican food.

Mexican cuisine is gaining popularity around the world, but its influence is particularly strong in the United States. According to a Pew Research Center analysis, approximately 11% of restaurants in the United States offer Mexican cuisine. SafeGraph, which collects information on millions of attractions around the world, and the website Yelp has provided data that provides insight into not only where Mexican restaurants are most often found but also where such establishments are lacking, as well as unexplored market segments.

Interestingly, you can find at least one Mexican restaurant in 85% of U.S. counties. At the same time, the remaining 15% that do not have a single Mexican restaurant are home to only about 4 million people, only 1% of the total population of the United States.

Predictably, Mexican restaurants are most prevalent in California and Texas: these two states concentrate about 40% of all Mexican restaurants in the country. Florida, New York, and Illinois also offer an extensive selection of Mexican establishments, each accounting for 4% of the national total.

Why is Mexican cuisine so popular?

In addition to the large number of Mexicans living in the United States who popularize this cuisine, other ethnicities also warm to this food.

Thus, Mexican dishes are often found at public events. Agree that it is nice to come to a sporting event, take Mexican cuisine and combine the pleasure of eating with watching an interesting event.

And if you pass Parimatch Registration and make a bet beforehand, you can also fill your pockets with a nice sum of money if the team wins.

It can be said with certainty that the convenience and bright taste of Mexican cuisine makes it popular not only with the Latin American population of the United States but also with the rest of the country.

What cuisines from around the world are also on trend? 

The cultural diversity of Latin America remains one of the most important parts of American society. Approximately 37.2 million people in the U.S. have Mexican roots, making people of this background the largest Hispanic origin group in the country. However, about 40% of Hispanics in the United States identify with other Hispanic ethnicities.

The Pew analysis shows that only 2% of restaurants in the U.S. offer Hispanic or Latino cuisine other than Mexican food. The most common types of Hispanic restaurants include Caribbean, Cuban, Latin American, Peruvian, Salvadoran and Spanish establishments. This can be seen as a reflection of the richness of Latin American culture and gastronomy, which is certainly a valuable complement to the popular Mexican dishes offered in restaurants in the United States.